Product usage data is a critical component in understanding customer behavior and needs. Without this data, revenue teams are left guessing how their customers are interacting with their product. Catalyst integrates Product Usage data from Pendo, giving teams a more accurate and detailed understanding of customer behavior, allowing for tailored tactics and strategies that lead to increased customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
Stream events to Catalyst and map them to your Account and Contact objects with Calculated Fields which will allow you to manipulate and query Pendo data.
Some use cases include:
- Creating engagement benchmarks (e.g. MAU, WAU) to understand customer behavior.
- Getting notified when your customers are ready to spend more money by creating expansion indicators based on customer usage.
- Getting a richer picture of renewal risk by enriching Health Score with usage data.
- Driving adoption by running usage Playbooks, and measure their impact.
- Automatically moving customers to the next stage in Journey Builder when product adoption stage goals are met.
- Understanding feature usage customer-by-customer and building automated playbooks to increase stickiness and retention.
This is how you begin the integration process!
- Customers connect Pendo to Catalyst by selecting a Region (US, US1, or EU) and entering a Pendo Integration key.
- Customers require a Pendo Growth Plan or higher tier, otherwise Pendo will not provide you with the necessary "data out" functionality.
- Pendo immediately starts syncing Feature, Guide, Page, and Event call types to the Catalyst Data Lake.
- This includes Track Events that are customized by your team.
- Catalyst supports the ability for customer-driven matching logic.
- Select a Pendo Visitor and/or Account attribute to match with a Catalyst Contact and/or Account field.
- Unmatched events will not appear in Catalyst.
- We will sync Pendo events on an hourly basis, but the data may take 3-5 hours to be visible within Catalyst.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > Integrations Keys.
- Click ‘+ Add Integration Key’. We do not require ‘Allow Write Access’ to be toggled.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Click + Add next to the Pendo integration.
- Select your Pendo region (US, US1, or EU).
- Provide your Pendo Integration Key.
- Click Authenticate.
- Once authenticated, select your preferred matching logic.
Note: You must match on either the Contact or Account level. However, it’s highly recommended you do both in order to gather full insights on both objects!
- Click Save Fields
Once Pendo has been integrated, you can begin mapping events to Catalyst using our Calculated Fields feature through Object Configuration on Contact and Account objects.
Backfilling historic usage data
Catalyst ingests all of your Pendo historic data. Access to your data lookback depends on your Calculated Fields (“Product Events” object type) configuration.
Catalyst does not currently support creating missing nor enriching Contact records on the Contact object